Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population. Additionally, the physician will take the history and examination of patients, order laboratory analyses, x-ray procedures and other diagnostic tests, analyze findings, diagnose conditions, administer and prescribe necessary treatments such as drugs, vaccinations, and other treatments, and provide direct primary care.
Provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients eighteen (18) years of age and above. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other assignments, projects, and duties may be required:
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Florida statute and professional practice guidelines.
- Perform minor surgical procedures.
- Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at Apollo Medical Group.
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings.
- Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as requested.
- Assist in outside medical public relations functions.
- Coding of all services rendered and diagnosis so that Billing department can process claims on a timely manner.
- All documentation for visits to be completed within 72 hours of patient appointment.
- Perform rounds at Hospitals and other facilities where our Center’s patients may be admitted.
40 hr/wk, M-F 8am-5pm, but hours may vary, call and some weekends are required. Medical doctor degree or foreign equivalent, three years family or internal medicine residency, Board Certified/Board Eligible, and Medical License for state of Florida required.
Submit inquiries to:
Apollo Medical Group, P.A.
3535 Little Road | Trinity, FL 34655